Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog.

13 December, 2015

[MUSIC] I - Taeyeon

[MUSIC] I - Taeyeon


5 STARS
5 STARS out of 5


Hands down my favorite song, and music video of 2015, and it's not even English!  Visually stunning scenery.  If New Zealand doesn't use this video to promote tourism, then they're idiots.

I found this gem of a song a week ago, followed by a version with English subs, only to find out later that the translated subs were WRONG!  Sometimes if you want a job done right, you have to do it yourself. So, I made my own subtitled video!  The lyrics are mostly from kpoplyrics.net, but with 5 lines replaced by the lyrics from kpopviral.com which made more sense and rhymed better in English in my head.  I was going to say sing, but I don't sing.  I think the (useless) UN passed a resolution against that.

Enjoy.



Bit.ly short link:  http://bit.ly/Taeyeon_I

I found this song entirely by accident.  I was looking for an episode of Hawaii Five O because it prominently featured Grace Park's character (because she's cute), followed by reading wikipedia entry about Grace Park (who grew up in Vancouver... cool), which lead to more searches, which led to a mention of a new music video by Psy (which I just had to watch, although it wasn't great), which happened to have a suggested video of some song called 'I' (in YouTube's side column), which 'I' clicked on 'for the heck of it, because she's really cute'.

Buy her song/album at:
iTunes (link)

Here's my short clip of a Korean music video countdown with a bit of humor added to the end by yours truly.





I love this guy's video reaction Taeyeon's song.  Apparently doing videos of your reaction to new music videos is a real 'thing' on YouTube these days.



Trivia: 

Most watched music video in America and World for October 2015
Over 100,000 album sales for month of October
No. 1 Digital Chart for month of October
11 music show wins, 3 triple crowns (charting #1 for 3 weeks in a row at a popular Korean music countdown show)

Not bad for a solo debut.

While watching a video featuring the Korean top 40, I noticed three things:

  • There are a lot of boy bands (typically 5 or 7 members, but more is better)
  • There are a lot of girl bands (typically 6 or 9 members)
  • Probably half have a least one English word or phrase in the lyrics.





No comments:

Post a Comment